GENOVESE BASIL PESTO
- Grab two big bunches of basil- it will puree down a lot!
- Pick all the leaves off the stems and drop into boiling water, then quickly strain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Squeeze out excess water and roughly chop the blanched leaves.
- Place Basil into food processor and pulse with 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts, 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, 1 teaspoon chopped Garlic, juice of 1 small Lemon
- With the processor on, drizzle in light Olive Oil until all of the ingredients move together smoothly- it is best not to add too much!
- Season with Salt, Pepper, maybe some sugar, and some very good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Serve with pasta; cheese display; use as a marinade for chicken, topping for fish or combining with mayonnaise, cream cheese or chicken salad for a great Summer taste!
Swap out different flavored Basil such as Opal, Lemon, Thai for a change, or use Walnuts, Almonds or other nuts to provide a different accent.