You CAN Can!
Time & Location
Join us for this tomato canning class on from 6-8pm in our cozy Cumberland Cottage. Elizabeth Sanders of the TN Agricultural Extension Board will guide you through techniques to help you confidently can the bounty of summer, with recipes to easily "put up" produce for the rest of the year. This class will discuss the necessary equipment needed, recipes tips & tricks, as well as random particpation from guests to process tomatoes.
PLEASE double check the date & experience level of the ticket you are purchasing. You will receive a reminder email from us 3 days before the class.
What You’ll Learn:
- a history and introduction to home canning
- how to choose and process products in preparation for canning
- various canning methods
- interactive, hands-on safety tips
- All materials including a recipe & instruction worksheet to take home, light snack, two-hour educational class & a small takeaway.
BEGINNER'S CLASS #1 - Jams & Pickles
Tuesday, August 10th from 6-8pm
BEGINNER'S CLASS #2 - Jams & Pickles
Tuesday, August 17th from 6-8pm
INTERMEDIATE CLASS - Canned Tomatoes & Conserve/Marmalade
Wednesday, August 25th from 6-8pm
ADVANCED CLASS - Soups & Vegetables
Wednesday, September 1st from 6-8pm
- Sold OutSold Out! 8/10 BeginnerClass 1$40$400$0
- 8/17 - Beginner's Class #2$40$400$0
- 8/25 - Intermediate Class$40$400$0
- 9/1 - Advanced Class$40$400$0