You CAN do it!
Time & Location
Join our UC Davis Better Process Control School Certified Chef for this tomato canning class on August 20 from 6-8pm in our Grand Barn. Chef will guide you through techniques to help you confidently can the bounty of summer, with recipes to easily "put up" produce for the rest of the year. This class will discuss the necessary equipment needed, recipes tips & tricks, as Chef invites random pariticpation from guests to process tomatoes in a socially distant appropriate environment.
What You’ll Learn:
- a history and introduction to home canning
- how to choose and process products in preparation for canning
- various canning methods
- interactive, hands-on safety tips from our very own USDA certified canning & processing pro, Chef Richard Jones
What You’ll Bring Home:
- All materials including a recipe & instruction worksheet, 1x half pint of pizza sauce, plus 1 pint of crushed tomatoes.
- You CAN Can!$50$500$0
- Case of "Canners" Tomatoes$22$220$0